Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Catch up and infertility news


I apologize for the lack of blogging.  I just get into a rythm and forget to write!  Then when I go to write, I get overwhelmed thinking there is just too much to catch up on and then I just don't do it.  So, here I am trying to make ammends with our blog :)

Things that have been going on:
  • Jon is still traveling (surprised?)
  • I was able to make a small trip out to NH in June.  My sister, Shannon had major back surgery and I had a free flight.  So I went and visited and helped out as much as I could.
  • Shannon was able to visit during her recovery (even got an airport card from her doctor)
  • Beth's family (Jon's sister) moved out to Houston- woohoo!!  We love having them close!  She also took some cute pictures of us (note the picture in the post).  Check out her website here
  • I have been called to work with the 8-9yr old girls at church.  They are so fun!  I just wish I was more creative with Activity Days!!  Oh well, it'll come :)
So, the other reason why I have decided to blog better is because with the infertility problems  that we are facing (mentioned in a previous post), I felt that it would be a good idea to document it.  There are a lot of women out there who are facing infertility and I am hoping that through documenting our next cycle will help others. 

During this last General Conference, Elder Anderson talked about infertility.  His talk was just what I needed.  Wanting to have a family is a righteous desire and a commandment that we have been given from God.  However, there are those who will not be able to have children this life but they will be blessed with that opportunity in the next life which is comforting to know.  However, that doesn't mean that we should just give up hope.  So, we are doing all that we can to have a family.  Patience is something that I need to work on in all facets of my life, but even more so with wanting a family.

After meeting with our doctor yesterday we have deiced to start an IUI (Intrauterine Insemination) cycle with injectables.  I have a "learning appointment" tomorrow afternoon to help me learn how to give myself shots.  Scary!!  Thankfully, Jon is home this week only working remotely and he will be able to help me.  I couldn't do this without him!  Then, on Wednesday I go in for blood work and possibly an ultrasound.  I am excited, but nervous.  I will keep you posted!

**Quick edit: for just a little bit of information. This will be our 3rd cycle with this doctor.  We have been doing Letrozole and Clomid with a hcg trigger shot... so because I wasn't responding the way he wanted me to (and the end result was negative both times)- this is why we are doing the IUI with shots**

2 comments:

BrittWilk said...

crystal!! good luck! thank you so much for sharing your journey. you'll be in my prayers. i hope everything goes perfectly.

and elder andersen's talk was amazing. i love how there is always a talk that was just for us. the lord really does love us individually that way.

Camber said...

Good luck! I loved Elder Andersen's talk, too. And I promise, promise, the shots get easier every time. I bought a box of Toy Story band-aids (true story) because they somehow felt like an indulgence after every shot. I'm still praying for you :)