Saturday, July 28, 2007

Great Advancements in Science

I seems that science has finally paid off for me. That's right, all the general advancements of the 20th (and now 21st!) centuries have all come together to create the ultimate in modern luxuries:

Personal Ice Cream!

That's right. I had heard about this place in Orem called Subzero Creamery that makes personal ice cream upon order. Now you might think, "Oh, but there are many places where you can order your own personal ice cream"

Not like this my friends and family. Not only do you just pick your flavor and mix-ins, but the ice cream is actually fresh. He mixes the liquid cream and then the flavors and mix-ins, and then the ice-cream maker walks over to a huge vat of liquid nitrogen and proceeds to flash freeze the crap out of your order. Within seconds and a huge cloud of....steam?...nitrogen smoke?...evaporation?...(whatever it is, I'm no chemist), your soupy mixture becomes fresh, completely frozen ice cream. It was delicious and super cheap for specialty ice cream.

The best part was that we had a coupon for two for the price of one. Add on to that where everything is 50 cents cheaper if you go before 9pm so it was about a quarter of the price of going to coldstone. Go us!

Also I have finished Harry Potter 7 and thought it was a great book. The ending was fantastic. Crystal hasn't finished it yet so I won't say much more, but I will say Jeff and I were similar in our thoughts beforehand.

That's a quick update from us. I hope everything is well, and Crystal will post about work soon.

No comments: