Saturday, October 10, 2009

Trip to Conference

As mentioned in our last post, we had the opportunity to go to General Conference last weekend. We really enjoyed ourselves. We attended the Saturday morning session. We got there, found our parking lot, walked a few blocks, got into the Conference Center and were in our seats 45mins before they started letting people on standby in.


We were able to listen to the Tabernacle Choir practice a little bit. You always know how awesome they are, but there are some times where they just go above and beyond and they are just incredible! Then the General Authorities started to slowly walk in and we were able to point them out. It was an interesting opportunity to see them in person. President Monson waved to the crowd along with his wife. They're so cute together :-).


We had the opportunity to hear some amazing talks. I really loved the talks by: Russell T. Osguthorpe and Elder David A. Bednar. They were so heartfelt and and powerful. I loved how Russell Osguthorpe pointed out people in his life who took the time to teach him the way he needed and who helped him to learn and grow. I have so many people in my life who really helped me get to where I am today. Besides my loving family, there were those who took me under their wings and led me in the right direction and I will be forever thankful for their service and love. I often ask myself if I would've made it to BYU without their love and support and I can honestly answer that I wouldn't have made it here without them.


Elder Bednar's talk touched me so much. It talked about being more diligent at home with love, sharing your testimony with those you love and being consistent in the things you do. I know these suggestions are self explanatory and I really won't get into them- but I loved how he talked about being consistent. When we have children I really hope that they will grasp this and will remember this. It's so important to develop good habits and to be consistent with them- even if you feel like you're failing at it. The home is our safe haven and it should be a place of peace, love and even order. I really hope I can continue to progress at this so that when we have children, we won't have to completely start from scratch.


There were other talks that really touched me, but I don't want to write a complete novel :-) Jon and I really had an enjoyable time and it was a great experience. We were able to walk around Temple Square a little and were able to go on a lunch date.

I'm so grateful that were able to have this opportunity as a couple- esp. before we move. All in all, a very good, spiritual strengthening experience.

4 comments:

The Miguel Family said...

I loved Elder Bednar's talk too! It was that one talk that I really needed! Well that is awesome that you were able to go to conference. Always a great experience.

amber {and co.} said...

Aww I love that picture of you two in front of the Temple, so cute! Elder Bednar's talk was most definitely my favorite too, isn't it amazing how you listen to Conference talks differently when you have you own family? So glad you got to go!! Ü

Clyde J Criddle said...

Now that you are winding down your Utah experience, I'm glad that you got the chance to attend General Conference. They are very special. Mom and I always used to try to attend one session when we lived there - about 50 year ago!

Anne said...

I loved reading your words, Crystal. What wonderful insight. It was wise of you two to go in person while you can.