Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Jon's Summer 2009

I am finally back in Utah with Crystal again and let me just say it's wonderful. Before I left for 10 weeks without Crystal, the longest we had been away from each other since we got married was one night while I was on a few office visits. So these 10 weeks were very different from the last 2 and a half years for us.

That said this summer was great! I was working in Houston for Deloitte (one of the big 4 accounting firms). I worked specifically in Tax Management Advisory Services as a consultant on enterprise implementations - technology, right up my alley!

To save us from having 2 rents while I was gone I was able to live at home with my family (Thank you, family!). Not being able to visit very frequently it was a wonderful opportunity to spend time with them again. It was even better the 2 times Crystal was able to visit.

It was all worth it as this morning I received the paper copy of my offer to start working there in Houston full-time next year. We have until September 1st to respond. We still need to discuss, pray, go to the temple, etc before any final career decisions are made but it seems like we will be in Houston starting next year.

Boy is it great to be home!



Crystal Edit: Sneak peek of our pictures that we got done last week. The photographer sent me a few today by e-mail and I thought I would include one w/ this post :-)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

AHHH! That is such good news! Congratulations, you guys!

Unknown said...

That is way exciting!