Friday, July 24, 2009

Pioneer Day 10k

1:01:49

I did it!! This 10k was much harder than the last one that I did. I averaged 9:55 miles. Okay, not the fastest in the world.. and sometimes it's embarassing to tell people my mile avg, but whatever- I smoked everyone who didn't run it, right? Look at my race bib... #1!! See? I was #1 in something!!

The first 2 miles were uphill.. and not just up little rinky-dink hills... we were all pretty much running up to the "bench" on the mountain. Heh, each mile marker had some funny sayings. After they collected all the mile markers I was trying to see if I could get pictures, but I was only able to get mile marker 3. Mile 2 said "Yes, it's only mile 2". They made me laugh :-) I kept up with this one girl for a few miles and then i started to run ahead of her and I started to go a little too fast and then she smoked me at the end! Bummer... oh well... I did shave off about 3 minutes from my last race though and this race was a lot harder!


mile 3 marker. This one was my favorite :-)


6 comments:

Jon said...

Go Crystal! You rock. I love you and am very proud of you. I only wish I could have been at the finish line to cheer you on

Allie said...

You da bomb, girl!

Anne said...

Way to go Crystal, you do the Criddle name proud!

Vanessa said...

inspirational work, Crystal. keep it up. How hot was it?

Crystal said...

the race started at 8am so it was getting a little warm. AFter the last h2o station i was dying!! It was probably in the high 80s once i finished. not ideal weather for a race- but okay anyways :)

JoSue said...

You are awesome! I love that sign... Btw, you look so thin in that picture!! Lookin good girl!